1. The act or process
of gathering a crop.
2. Plant leaves, especially tree leaves, considered as a group.
3. A secondary woody stem or limb growing from the trunk or main
stem of a tree or shrub or from another secondary limb.
4. A pleasant characteristic odor, as of a plant, spice, or food.
5. An outfit or a disguise worn on Mardi Gras, Halloween, or similar
1. The fruit of an oak, consisting
of a single-seeded, thick-walled nut set in a woody, cuplike base.
2. A crude image or effigy of a person set up in a field to scare
birds away from growing crops.
3. Any of several trailing or climbing plants related to the pumpkin,
squash, and cucumber and bearing fruits with a hard rind.
4. The dried aromatic inner bark of certain tropical Asian trees;
used as a spice.
5. A ripened plant ovule containing an embryo.
6. The periodic passage from one region to another for feeding or
7. A substance, such as chlorophyll or melanin, that produces a
characteristic color in plant or animal tissue.
8. A long-handled implement with a row of projecting teeth at its
head, used especially to gather leaves or to loosen or smooth earth.
9. A deposit of minute ice crystals formed when water vapor condenses
at a temperature below freezing.