1. a spirit.
2. one embalmed and wrapped by or in the manner of the ancient Egyptians.
3. a legendary being, Dracula.
4. an imaginary or mythical creature, often with features of two different
animals or of animals and humans.
5. inhabited or visited by ghosts.
6. to form or inscribe by cutting.
7. a woman who practices or is believed to practice magic; sorceress.
1. in folklore and fairy tales, an ugly
creature that does evil or mischief .
2. causing fear; frightening.
3. a man who practices witchcraft or magic arts; sorcerer.
4. a covering for all or part of the face, usu. worn to disguise the wearer's
5. a large, roundish, gourdlike orange fruit that has thick edible flesh
and is borne on a low-growing vine.
6. a mixture for drinking, esp. one that is supposed to have medicinal,
7. a word, phrase, or the like used to bewitch or enchant; charm.
8. a spell or supernatural force that, according to voodoo belief and
legend, can enter a corpse, return life to it, and then control its actions.
9. any of various usu. night-flying mammals that have wings that are covered
with membranes, and that sense objects mostly by means of reflected sound
waves rather than by vision.